Like our FB fun page
      

26 December 2010

Review of BadiarovViolins 1st violoncello da spalla solo CD in Japan


Tokyo -- January 2011 issue of classical music CD review published a large article about my CD recorded on my 4th violoncello da spalla. I don't know yet if the review is positive, negative or neutral as my knowledge of the Chinese characters is far too limited for this sort of text.  Earlier this year the CD received a Diapason Découverte prize in France.

The purpose of this recording was to demonstrate the standards of craftsmanship and fidelity to the historical research established at BadiarovViolins - my Studio for the Historically Informed Violin and Bow Making© and the use of these standards to the wider community of professionals as well as music lovers in the field of Historically Informed Performance Practice, aka Early Music.

The CD is available from my shop as well as from most of online and off-line CD shops out there. This very moment, being in Japan, I discovered that everybody here wants it signed! Therefore I will probably sign all my copies when I return to my studio in The Hague.

You can buy your singed copy on-line: from this blog, from my website (you can choose between English, Russian and 日本語 translations) or from BadiarovViolins FB shop. There is a number of CDs by other performers using the same kind of instrument from my studio. The list if these CDs,  in three languages, can be found on BadiarovViolins website.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Video